Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Monday, July 14, 2008

Meal Plan #17

I didn't get around to meal planning last week, and I felt it all week long. I hate not having any idea what's going on when it comes to dinner time. At 4:00, I start thinking...'what can I make for dinner?' 4:30--'I don't feel like cooking tonight, maybe we'll just go out.' 5:00 (as the kids are breaking down) 'OK, what was I thinking? There's no way we can go out--too much money, the kids are exhausted, etc., etc., etc. So, I suck it up and make dinner out of whatever I can pull together. It all works much better when I just plan ahead, shop for it, and stick to the program.

Go to, if all else fails, pantry meal: Do you have one of these? Something you keep on hand so if whatever you have plan doesn't work out you can still make dinner? Share it with me. I could really use some fresh ideas. Hamburger Helper, green beans, wheat bread, applesauce

Monday: Maple Mustard Salmon, roasted veggie long grain and wild rice, asparagus

Tuesday: Pioneer Woman BBQ shrimp, bread, caesar salad (chicken legs for the kids)

Wednesday:
Kung Pao Chicken, white rice

Thursday: Trout Almondine, new potatoes, green beans

Friday: mile high nachos

Saturday lunch: chili dogs, chips, carrot sticks

dinner: Good old spaghetti w/meat sauce, garlic bread, green salad, sauteed broccolini

Sunday: We'll be on the road to Indianapolis and back, we're swapping Matthew for Rebekah

Wow! Lots of recipes this week. I guess I feel like I'm back on my game plan. That will be nice (and yummy) this week. For more meal plan Monday, head over to
organizing junkie's.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i usually have chili, spaghetti, or tacos as a stand by. i stock pile ground beef in the freezer when its on sale. of course in the scenario you've described, you probably don't have the time/energy/patience to thaw out the meat.

also, what about a packet of alfredo sauce? just add milk and butter and boil some noodles.

my "family" consists of myself and my fiance (Mr. Right)neither of us are terribly pick, nor do we worry about the food pyramid, so my ideas might not be too helpful.

good luck!

Kristi said...

Ah, meal planning. My elusive life's goal. Your week sounds like a great one!

Karen said...

You have a really nice variety in your menu! The Kung Pao Chicken sounds good!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/cookalatte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...