Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Friday, November 13, 2009

BBQ Cheddar Turkey Pizza Roll Ups

Yes, you can make pot pie, turkey and noodles, turkey tetrazzini, and lot of other traditional things from leftover turkey. These, however, are what I'll be making with at least some of the turkey after Thanksgiving. I tried them this week with the turkey we've been enjoying, and it was just as good as it was with chicken. I love, love, love this recipe, based on Picky Palate's BBQ Cheddar Chicken Pizza Roll-ups.

Yummy!

  1. Thinly slice one red onion. Saute it until soft and sweet and carmelized.
  2. Take a pound of pizza dough, I happen to love the dough you can get from Whole Foods, and roll it out into a thin rectangle.
  3. Shred 2 cups of cooked chicken or turkey. Combine with BBQ sauce just until moistened. Sweet Baby Rays is my current favorite. Spread it onto pizza crust.
  4. Top with 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar.
  5. Sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro over all.
  6. Top with sauteed red onion.
  7. Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
  8. Roll up, starting at the long end into one long log.


Slice into slices with a serrated knife, apx. 1 inch thick.


Put on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.

Awesome! These will be perfect for after shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving, or that Saturday while watching football. Really easy, and really good.

2 comments:

MemeGRL said...

You are a total lifesaver! I'm going out tonight and was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the turkey breast that really needs to be finished today. I know my guys will love ths AND I have everything but the dough here at home (and I can fake that!). Have a great weekend!

Erin, Nick and Merrick said...

These looks AMAZING!
Totally using my pizza dough this way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...