- Thinly slice one red onion. Saute it until soft and sweet and carmelized.
- Take a pound of pizza dough, I happen to love the dough you can get from Whole Foods, and roll it out into a thin rectangle.
- Shred 2 cups of cooked chicken or turkey. Combine with BBQ sauce just until moistened. Sweet Baby Rays is my current favorite. Spread it onto pizza crust.
- Top with 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro over all.
- Top with sauteed red onion.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
- Roll up, starting at the long end into one long log.
Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron
Friday, November 13, 2009
BBQ Cheddar Turkey Pizza Roll Ups
Yes, you can make pot pie, turkey and noodles, turkey tetrazzini, and lot of other traditional things from leftover turkey. These, however, are what I'll be making with at least some of the turkey after Thanksgiving. I tried them this week with the turkey we've been enjoying, and it was just as good as it was with chicken. I love, love, love this recipe, based on Picky Palate's BBQ Cheddar Chicken Pizza Roll-ups.