You get the picture.
This is short and sweet and definitely not edited. Have patience with me.
Five of my favorite things from the past week:
- Hair Color. I'm sure I have said this one before, but that doesn't take away from how true it is. I absolutely love sitting in that chair, letting my fabulous hair stylist Pam work her magic and make all those silvery strands just fade away. Gray poking through my hair, showing it's ugly self in my roots makes me feel so awful about myself, getting it all covered up is like a big dose of magic mood lifter.
- Sunshine! The weather has been absolutely beautiful around here and it's even been spring-like. If your weather's been as topsy-turvy as ours this year you'll understand the wonder of that statement. Beautiful blue skies, billowy pillow-like clouds, warm-by-day, cool and crisp at night. I love this time of year.
- The Voice. Yes, it's over, but wow! did we enjoy it as a family. Tuesday night's final was great and we were so excited to see one of our favorite contestants win. Even better that for the most part, all the contestant exhibited good sportsmanship and were classy about the competition. Go Jermaine!
- Advil. We have all been sick this week. No fun. Advil has helped tremendously. It's truly a wonder-drug for us. No, it can't cure us of what ails us but it sure can help you feel better for a while.
- Being my-kind of Mom. Yes, I could honestly put this on my list week in, week out, but with Mother's Day coming it would be wrong to leave it out. My oldest baby was due on May 13, 1984, Mother's Day, 28 years ago. He didn't end up coming on that day, but I will always have fond memories of my first baby being due on such a wonderful holiday. Being a mom is the most important thing in my life. Getting to do it my way, on my terms is an absolute blessing that I thank God for giving me the inner voice of how I want that to be, and Mark for supporting me and making it a reality. There is nothing better than being a mom and I have four wonderful children. It makes everything else worth it. I am so thankful and this year I'm especially thankful that I will be celebrating Mother's Day with my mom and dad, three of my four children [I'll miss you like crazy Rebekah!!] and my grandkids. A blessed life indeed.
I wish you the happiest of Mother's Days. Hope you're able to stop a minute and find the blessings in each week as well. Check out more Friday Fave's at Living to Tell the Story.