- I'm teaching fourth grade Sunday School this Sunday and the lesson is on Thou Shall Not Kill. Ugh. Our curriculum, in my opinion, is awful. It addresses over and over that violent video games and movies are bad. They should not watch them. These are fourth graders. Now yes, I would agree they are not for kids, and in a lot of cases not for anyone at all, but I am not teaching this on Sunday. For one, I believe it does not apply to most of the kids and I think it loses most girls and unfairly targets most boys. I am not going near the abortion issue, again, these are 9 and 10 year olds. So...now that I know what I'm not doing, I have no idea what I am going to do. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Why did I ever agree to teach Sunday School? Why??
- I want to redesign my blog a bit. I have a header that I'd like to use and I've spent a ridiculous amount of time this morning trying unsuccessfully to figure out how to merge two photos into one (filling a photo frame with pics) in Photoshop Elements. Still clueless.
- I have to do a meal plan and grocery list. Not feeling it. Not even a little bit.
- I'm getting my hair cut and colored tomorrow. Somewhere new. Somewhere I have no idea if I'm going to like it or not and whenever I think about it too much I feel like I'm possibly going to have the first panic attack of my life. No lie.
- After not being able to wear contacts for months and months because every time I put them in that evening I would end up with a wicked case of pink eye. Even if I used a new pair. Even if I changed my case. Even with different solutions. Even with rinsing them with saline. Finally, a week ago I started wearing them again and was doing great, but Tuesday my eyes started up again. I rested them Wednesday. Wore them yesterday and today, they're extremely red again. *sigh* So frustrating! Yes, I know I should head to the doctor and try to nail down what's wrong, but the budget's tight and that money's being earmarked to other things. It'll work out sooner or later, but it's swirling around in my head to be sure.
- On top of all these things keeping me up at night and occupying my thoughts, I'm watching little people, hoping Julianna doesn't call from school needing to come home (she was very sick yesterday afternoon and evening yet fine this morning and very much wanted to go for her Halloween party), doing laundry, avoiding the kitchen...you get the picture.
Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron
Friday, October 26, 2012
I shall be back with a meaningful (Ha!) post soon...hopefully. Right now I am struggling with several issues: