Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Meal Plan Monday...October 8, 2012

Meal Plan Monday by Organizing Junkie

I've debated and debated whether or not I want to post my meal plan.  Lately I've been keeping it on a Drive document with my grocery list.  (Yay!  For now at least, Drive is working on my phone.  I love doing my grocery list on my laptop then accessing it at the store.)  Finally, I've decided to go back to posting it here because it's wonderful to go back and look at past years' meal plans for inspiration.  Year in year out it seems about this time we're craving soups and stews, roasts, etc.  

So, here goes, here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday (piano, scouts):  Beef Barley Soup (Marcia Adam's Cooking From Quilt Country), autumn salad (romaine, spinach, apples, walnuts, cheddar), bread
Tuesday (dance):  Meatball subs, salad, carrot/celery sticks
Wednesday (Jacob away):  Chicken fajitas, rice, beans
Thursday (Jacob away):  Sloppy Joes, fries, watermelon
Friday:  Chicken wraps w/maple mustard or Chick-fil-a sauce, (using Pioneer Woman's crispy chicken strips), potato wedges, watermelon
 

Soon:  wonton soup/egg rolls, beef stew

Treats:
Pumpkin bars


Hope you have a great week full of yumminess too!

1 comment:

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Stopping by for a blog visit from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday today!
My husband was asking me to find a good barley soup recipe. I'll have to check out the one you listed.
I love this time of year when the temps have cooled down to something liveable in Las Vegas!
When I opened our coat closet I didn't get hit with a blast of heat today. Now that's much better.
I'll be on the lookout for soup recipes to add to my recipe file box

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...