Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Menu Plan Monday Feb. 25, 2013

Organizing Junkie
My life always goes better, more smoothly, when I meal plan.  Even if we don't always stick to the plan, it helps to have one.  It helps to know that I've shopped for certain meals, planned certain items, it helps.  Even though I haven't been posting meal plans here, I've still been doing them.  I've been keeping them in my Google Drive documents, right in the same place I create my grocery list.  It's convenient.  When I'm standing in the middle of the store wondering why such and such is on my grocery list and do I really need to buy it after all, I can scroll down, look at my meal plan and remember why it's there.  Helpful.  Maybe it's just a sign of how really disorganized I am, but whatever, it works for me.

Well, it did work for me.  Recently I've been trying to remember which version of corn pudding did I make that we really liked, or what recipe did I use the last time I made hush puppies.  You get the picture.  Guess what?  Often, I haven't a clue.  That's where my blog has been so helpful.  I pull up my blog, do a search, and most of the time I have my answer.  Awesome.

Except.  Except that lately I haven't been posting a meal plan.  Reasoning that no one "out there" cares what we're having for dinner, I stopped.  This week though I realized that I need my meal plan.  It helps me to have it here, so it's back.  Even though I'm busy.  Even though life's a little crazy right now, even though, even though.

So, here's what's on our plan this week:

Sunday dinner:  pulled pork/slaw, corn pudding
Monday (piano):  [Chili baked potatoes, cut up veggies--piano],
Hamburger and noodles, green beans, crescentsTuesday (dance):  ??
Wednesday:  salmon, rice, asparagus
Thursday (play):  Pizza--Grandma’s? or deep dish

Friday:  Yum Yum Chicken, broccoli
Saturday lunch:  Baked Ziti, OG Salad, bread, cherry pie, ice cream w/toppings
Yes, it has holes.  Some of those are intentional, some not so much.  It's definitely a work in progress, but it's a place to start.

What's on your menu this week?

3 comments:

Kat said...

Mmm. It all sounds lovely.
I really should start making a more concrete meal plan.

Eileen said...

When my kids were young, and I was in school, I planned my menus 6 weeks at a time. Since money was tight, I had a standard grocery order and I planned for leftovers. Hardly anything ended up wasted.

Now I make a decision on the way home about dinner. Tonight I threw out a half bag of salad greens, some shriveled grapes, and leftovers from 10 days ago. I think it is time to start meal planning again.

I might just borrow yours. :-)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Yeah, you stopped posting and I turned to Pinterest. You think YOU're unorganized? I'm stealing your meals ;) lol.
You put a lot more effort in than I ever could, just making the plan wears me out- these dishes sound fab!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...