Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Reader!*&$#%

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Ugh!  I feel like I'm in a no-man's land of confusion, trying to figure out what to do now that Reader is going away.  What are you going to do?  Found anything you love?  I've experimented with Feedly, which I love the idea of but for some reason only seems to have imported a tiny fraction of my blogs.  I signed up with The Old Reader, but it's been days and it still hasn't imported my blogs so the jury's out but it's not looking good for that one.  Bloglovin, so far, seems the most comprehensive, but it's definitely not Reader, of course Reader is almost not Reader anymore so that doesn't really help...

What are you doing?

4 comments:

Life in a Small Town said...

I'm going to use Flipboard. You can get the app through apple or android. It's quite a handy app: I have fb, twitter, instagram, and other news feeds in one place. And, I was able to add google reader so I'll still have them in one place when reader ceases to exist. I saw where few people said they were going to try bloglovin, but since I already have flipboard, I think it's a better choice for me.

Susanne said...

I am in a state of absolute denial. Ugh. Why do they do that?! Don't they know they throw us untechy people into a state of total panic when they do stuff like this? In a panic I put all my blogs I read into my Blogger page and now I don't know how to delete them. Sheesh.

Kat said...

I know. I'm so mad. I love my google reader.
What about importing all of our blogs to blogger. Don't they have a reader too? I thought if you follow blogs on blogger it is kind of the same thing. No? I don't know. I'll have to try it out.

Susanne said...

Just came back to let you know I started using Feedly and so far I`m liking it. It imported all my stuff from Google with the push of a button and it was done. And it will sync with Google Reader until it shuts down so I can go back and forth between the two until I totally learn Feedly.

Now I`m just trying to figure out how on earth to get rid of my whole blog list out of my Blogger account which is where I uploaded it all in a panic after the big shut down announcement.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...