Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013 Meal Plan

Busy, busy week!  Tonight there's a hopefully short meeting at church, tomorrow night I have to go to dance with Julianna to get show information and costumes!  Wednesday night Julianna and I are going to the Taylor! Swift! concert! (Exclamations by Julianna.)  Thursday Jacob has a drama class, Friday night's the elementary school's talent show.  Saturday bring a doctor appointment, photo session, weekend chores...  Whew!  Bring on summer!  I'm ready to jump out of a schedule for a while.

Last week I got a new washing machine, after much consternation and second-guessing.  My 12 year old washer had started to spin out grease and I knew that sooner or later clothes were going to get ruined.  It didn't really seem prudent to spend $300.00 on a service call for a 12 year old washer, so we ordered the one we wanted and waited for it to come in.  [Sidebar:  I ordered through Shop at Home, from Lowes, and earned a $53.00 rebate, woot!  If you're not using a rebate site when you shop online, you're losing out on money you could easily be earning.  Just by buying the washer, the kids' summer clothes, and the household items I buy and have delivered from Walmart, I have a $100.00 quarterly check coming.  Check it out.]  Of course, it probably won't surprise you to learn that as soon as we ordered a new washer our old washer began working fine again.  Curse you Murphy.  We decided to still go with the new one, it seemed like the writing was on the wall.  Sooo, that was a really long-winded way of saying I got a new washer! and it's wonderful!  I was very afraid of a front loader, I had heard lots of negatives, but I absolutely love the model we chose.  Very thankful for how that worked out.

Jacob and I have been sick for a little over two weeks, including a stomach bug that got me Sunday evening and again on Wed/Thurs.  Hoping this week finds us all healthy and in good shape for our busy week.  Thank you so much to Keary Naughton for the Kingdom recommendation.  I am loving it! 

Here's the meal plan for the week, it's fluid, trying to allow lots of flexibility to accommodate the week:

Monday (piano):  Maple mustard baked chicken, red potatoes, roasted/grilled veggies (baby bellas, red onions, peppers, squash), salad (field greens, dried apricots/apples, candied walnuts and maple/dijon vinaigrette)
Tuesday (dance, me):  Tuna Noodle Casserole, broccoli
Wednesday (concert):  Pork chops, rice pilaf, green beans
Thursday:  pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, cut up veggies
Friday (talent show):  Cook’s Country Bean and Beef Burritos, fruit

Mark’s April Pie:  Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie subbing in Gourmet’s Lemon Curd

Well, things are getting crazy so I'll keep this short and sweet.  Hope you have a good week. 

3 comments:

Life in a Small Town said...

Why is the end of the school year always so dadgum busy???
Those grilled veggies sound really good!

Mum-me said...

Sounds like a very busy week. Have fun at the Taylor Swift concert. (I have an 11 year old here who would have added an extra dozen or so exclamation marks to that sentence.)

Susanne said...

It's only a matter of time when those older washing mashines start doing things like that sporadically that it will start having other issues. I hummed and hawwed about a front loader too, but I have to say I really like mine.

Have fun at the Taylor Swift concert.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...