Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Monday, May 27, 2013

MPM May 27, 2013

We had a lovely weekend though it was definitely not the weekend we had planned.  Jacob was indeed too sick to go away, though we did give it a good try, including driving halfway to our getaway before finally realizing it was.not.meant.to.be.  C'est la vie.  You improvise.  Throw one plan out and go with plan B.  It worked.  Most of all we enjoyed being together and relaxing, who can ask more than that?

This week is the last week of school.  Woohoo!  Coincidentally it's also my last week of full-time employment for the summer, a fact I have mixed feelings about.  I am honestly going to miss my little people, a lot.  It's time for a break and I will enjoy it, but I will also miss seeing them every day.  I'm also going to miss the money.  I contribute a significant amount to our family's income and it's a little scary to know that is gone for the next 10 weeks.  I don't love being poor, I don't do penny pinching well.  It's going to be rough.  In other ways though it's going to be wonderful.  Sleeping in.  Going places, doing things with just my kidlets.  Relaxing.  Yay!!

Here's what's on the meal plan for this week.  You'll notice it's a little splurgy in places, we decided since we didn't spend the  money on our giveaway we'd spend it on some meals we'd been dreaming about.  Hoping they're good!

Monday:  BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, grilled asparagus, cole slaw
Tuesday:  Dance night--pot luck
Wednesday:  Rigatoni, Alex Guarnaschelli's Garlic Bread
Thursday (drama):  Emeril's Rib-eye, new potato and portobello kabobs, salad
Friday:  Ina Garten's lobster mac and cheese, broccoli
Saturday lunch:  Healthier taco salad
Saturday dinner (music recitals):  Out
Sunday lunch:  ?? 
Sunday dinner:   Burgers, homemade buns, chips, fruit, veggies

If anyone has any wonderful ideas for an Eagle Scout gift, I'm all ears.  Help!  Please.  :)

Have a great, and yummy, week.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Yum, I think I'd like to be invited to your house for supper this week!

I hear your dilemma about the summer off with no paycheck. I wish I had established a month off at least when my kids were little. It's one big regret I have. It may have been tougher financially but boy oh boy now that they are grown and mostly gone I would gladly trade those days back where I could just give them my one on one for at least a month of their summers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...