Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Thursday, May 23, 2013

She Said, He Said

 I stole this from Michelle at Big Blueberry Eyes, I loved seeing what her children, Kayla and Lucas had to say and was curious how Jacob and Julianna would answer.  I wasn't sure how well it would work, they're quite a bit older than Michelle's kids, but it was still fun for me and definitely enlightening.  Julianna's answers in purple, Jacob's in blue.

What is something your mom always says to you? 
Julianna's answer was funny and spot on, but a little embarrassing to her so she asked me not to post it.  

I love you.  (I was going to say "practice".)
 
What makes your mom happy? 

When we put our clothes away without being asked.

When we do work that needs done unvoluntarily.  (He meant voluntarily.) 
 
What makes your mom sad? 

When I'm sick.

When bad things happen in the world.  (Boston Marathon bombing, Sandy Hook)

How does your mom make you laugh? 

You make me laugh when you laugh.

Corny jokes on my napkins at lunch.

What was your mom like as a child?
Umm...she was beautiful, 'cause I've seen pictures.

Human, um, afraid of snakes and she still is.

How old is your mom? 

46
47

How tall is your mom? 

I don't know!  Five foot something, five foot ten.
5' 10" 
(Funny, I'm really 5' 3")

What is your mom's favorite thing to do? 

Spend time with her family at Creekside.

Have fun, do stuff with us.

What does your mom do when you're not around?

Go on dates with Dad.

Take care of kids that aren't us. 

If your mom became famous, what would it be for?
You'd have your own tv show where you give people tips on how to live their life and give recipes and stuff.

Cooking?

What is your mom really good at? 
Cooking

Cooking

What is your mom not very good at?

Handling snakes

Um, um, um, I don't know.

What does your mom do for a job? 

Being a great mom.

Take care of kids that aren't us.
 
What is your mom's favorite food? 

Chicken parmesan

Rebekah's chicken parmesan.  
(Rebekah and Jason had just made me dinner for my birthday, chicken parmesan, and it was delicious!)
    
What makes you proud of your mom? 
When she gives me advice when I have problems at school.

 She understands that I like spending Tuesday nights with Dad.  (Julianna's dance night, they hang out together.)
  
What do you and your mom do together? 
Sometimes we'll play American Girl Doll game together.

Play board games, Settlers of Cataan.
  
How are you and your mom the same? 
You loved dance when you were a little kid and now I like dance.

We both like country music.

How are you and your mom different?
We're different because I like a different kind of music that I don't think you like (Disney).

I like rock and roll and alternative and you don't like most of that.
 
How do you know your mom loves you? 

I know my mom loves me because even when she's mad at me she still tucks me in at night/kisses me or in the morning still kisses me goodbye.

She's nice to us.
 
Where is your mom's favorite place to go? 

Grandma and Grandpa's.

Home (our home)

All in all, I was pretty impressed with how accurate most of their answers were.  Insightful too.  Also, I learned a little bit about my parenting, I want to work on doing more with each of them.  I enjoyed doing this with them a lot and wanted to get it down to capture it so I'll remember this snapshot in time with my youngest two kidlets.  

3 comments:

Kat said...

Aww. This is so sweet. It chokes me up a little.
I LOVE that they really couldn't of anything that you aren't good at. So awesome. :)

Mum-me said...

I enjoyed reading this. I did one a few years ago with my 6 plus HB answering each question. It's a good exercise.

Michelle said...

Great answers! I think it's fun to do at different ages just to see how their answers change.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...