Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rambling...

First, Happy Birthday to my dad!  We saw him on Sunday and sadly I won't get to see him today, but he'll be in my thoughts and prayers as always, and I hope he has a really good day.

Everything else is pretty random...hope that doesn't turn you off.

The issue that I alluded to last week is looking up.  I feel more optimistic than I have in months and it's hard to live life joyfully when you're apprehensive, stressed and scared.  Knocking on wood that we've found the solution and growing more confident day by day that we have.  Ironically, the solution was extremely simple, so I'm giving thanks for that too.  Thank you for keeping me in your prayers and if things continue to improve as I'm hopeful they will I'll update with the full story eventually.  If we're on the right track it could help someone else someday.

I find the beginning of a new school year more motivating than the beginning of a calendar year.  The holidays wear me out!  Julianna's birthday, my grandkids' birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Mark's birthday, our anniversary, who has time to figure out how to fix what needs fixing, let alone what's realistic to work on?  Oh sure, sometimes I set resolutions, but my heart is much more into them and my motivation is higher at the beginning of the school year. 

So...changes.  I'm back to work full-time next week and determined to be on top of the game this year.  Figure out a schedule that works for grocery shopping, working out, making time for the things we think are important but maybe no one would ever know that by the way our schedule really looks.  I want to eat healthier.  For dinner I'd like to institute a meatless meal every week, we've been doing that gradually but I'd like to give it a little more structure.  I'd like to build fish into our meal plan 6x a month, a challenge because it's expensive, and I prefer to shop for and serve fish in a short time span; again, organization.

I need help with some ideas for healthy and portable breakfast ideas for Mark.  The microwave at his company is far from where he works so it's not convenient for him to warm something up or microwave some water for oatmeal.  He has no refrigeration so cereal's out.  Help!  Right now he subsists on skipping it, not good when you get up at 5:30, his energy level definitely dives and he finds it hard to get through his day, or he eats Pop-Tarts, Fig Newtons and granola bars.  We've got to be able to figure out something better. 

I need help too on figuring out yummy, easy, satisfying lunches.  If I eat something I don't really like then I find myself wanting to eat all afternoon, seeking out that satisfaction that was missing.  It needs to be easy to prepare because I have lots of little people here to feed at lunchtime and making something complicated just isn't going to happen.  Oh yes, I loathe leftovers.  There.  That's not so hard, right?  Anyway, if you have any strokes of brilliance I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you for the help, hope your last bit of time before school starts is good for you and for us.  We're painting the girls' room this weekend.  Dreading that!  One wall's going to be raspberry, one wall lime, one wall raspberry with lime polka dots and one wall lime with raspberry polka dots.  Should be interesting!

5 comments:

Kat said...

So glad things are looking up. That's good to hear.

Frozen fish is much cheaper than the fresh. And it is pretty tasty too.

I need to get back on a healthy kick too. I think being on vacation messes that up big time.

Susanne said...

Glad things are going better this last week! And I'm all for simple solutions.

I'm back to work after 10 days off and I'm dragging! I can't even fathom getting back to full time after a lovely summer off. Probably planning like you're doing will help a lot. Eating healthier is always on my list. I buy my fish frozen at Costco so it's cheaper and it's pretty tasty.

I'm stumped for Mark's breakfast. Without a fridge or a microwave I have no clue. Can he take a small 6 pack type of cooler that can hold an ice pack. If so, my kids always loved breakfast burritos. They ate them cold or hot.

Life in a Small Town said...

Sorry I haven't been by in a while...I haven't visited many blogs at all lately.
I buy CH oatmeal that he takes to work with him. Would it be possible for Mark to have one of those water pitchers that you plug in so he could have hot water at his desk for oatmeal?
I don't know about you, but I get sooo tired of having to figure out what we're going to have for dinner sometimes!

Eileen said...

I don't like to eat first thing in the morning so take something for breakfast every day. It's usually a single serving of yogurt which I mix into a container of bran buds. I like vanilla yogurt so it's a bit like milk and cereal.

I'll often take a small container of berries as well. I figure I'm getting dairy, protein, fruit and grains (though probably not a full serving).
I carry it in an insulated bag and usually eat it within an hour or so of getting there.

Good luck!

imbeingheldhostage said...

What'd I miss?? I really have to come by more. Stinking FB makes me feel like we're staying in touch, but the truth is, I really don't know what's going on in your world :(
I'm glad things are going better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...