Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday, Monday

Oh my goodness is it a Monday around here...
  • something disgusting in our sheets this morning, no idea what it is but I don't like to think too much about the fact that we slept on them that way.  Good thing it was on Mark's side.  ;)  (and by his feet.)  Good thing too it was already on my to-do list to wash our sheets.
  • Speaking of to-do lists, mine's so long I'd want to go back to bed, pull up the covers and hide, you know, if the covers weren't so gross.
  • I went downstairs to throw the sheets in the washer and discovered a load sitting in there from Friday.  Ever since I got my front loader I have been fanatical about never, and I mean never, leaving a load in the washer for even a few hours.  Now, I've not only broken that, I left them in for days.  They stunk!  Hoping my washer doesn't stink too.
  • We never wear shoes in the house.  However, I may be making an exception.  There's so much sad and grit and just plain dirt on my floors it's driving me crazy to walk on them.  Donning shoes sounds much easier than sweeping, right?
  • No idea what I'm going to make for dinner because I didn't defrost the chicken and marinate it like I had planned.  
  • I need to be home all day doing laundry, seriously, yet I also need to get a couple of errands run, including buying and shipping a birthday present to my friend, whose birthday is today.  
Hope your Monday's off to a better start.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Wow. It definitely sounds like a Monday.
Finding gross stuff in your bed is the worst. I saw a spider in my bed once and it ruined my sleep for weeks.

Hope you get some relaxing time!

MemeGRL said...

Something is up this week! My car battery died, I threw out my back, one of my kids fell on the playground...it's been bizarre world here.
Hope the laundry is better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...